If you are a restless person and you are hungry to change the world...Become a Humanitarian Logistics Specialist!
From 4 May to 21 Jun 2023 (Pre-registration open until 28 April)
Limited places, not guaranteed until confirmed. 75% compulsory attendance and completion of activities to obtain the certificate.
Do you want to specialise in serving local and international, public and private organisations?
Learn about supply chains, management or security plans with the best specialists in the sector.
Get certified as a "Specialist in Humanitarian Logistics", organised by Acción contra el Hambre and with the support of the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID).
You will also be eligible for an internship in the field!
The programme includes:
1. Introduction. 4 May. Virtual synchronous format. Timetable 18:00 to 20:00 (2 hours). Time zone UTC+2 Beirut
2. Module 1 "Introduction to humanitarian action" (29 hours). From 5 to 18 May. Asynchronous online format. Includes 1 synchronous tutorial on 15 May from 18:00 - 20:00 (2 hours). Time zone UTC+2 Beirut
* Introduction to humanitarian action
* Logistical planning and coordination
* Security management
3. Module 2 "Supply chain in humanitarian contexts" (22 hours). From 19 May to 20 Jun. Asynchronous online format. Includes 2 synchronous tutorial on 22 and 29 May from 18:00 - 20:00 (2 hours). Time zone UTC+2 Beirut
* Introduction to the supply chain
* Purchasing planning and management
* Warehousing and transportation
4. Module 3 "Technical logistics training in humanitarian contexts" (24 hours). From 2 to 19 Jun. Timetable Monday to Friday from 18:00 to 20:00 and Saturday from 9:00 to 12.00. Time zone UTC+2 Beirut. Synchronous virtual format.
* STRUCTURE MANAGEMENT 2 hours
* EQUIPMENT 2 hours
* MOBILITY 2 hours
* TELECOMMUNICATIONS 2 hours
* ENVIRONMENTAL LOGISTICS 2 hours
* GENDER AND LOGISTICS 2 hours
* WATER AND SANITATION 2 hours
* LOGISTICS WITH PARTNERS 2 hours
* "PROGRAMMES BASED ON CASH TRANSFERS“ 2 hours
* LOGISTICS IN EMERGENCIES 6 hours
5. Closing and evaluation. 21 Jun. Virtual synchronous format. Time 18:00 to 20:00 (2 hours). Time zone UTC+2 Beirut
With 18 years of work experience in private sector logistics, it is never too late to consider alternatives. With this course, in a short but very intense time, as well as getting to know the humanitarian world extensively, I have been able to appreciate all that humanitarian logistics implies from the hand of professionals, seeing this sector as a possible professional alternative.
Ana Jerez, Humanitarian Logistics Specialist 2021
Through the Humanitarian Logistics course, I was able to opt for a 3-month internship with Action Against Hunger in the Lebanon mission, putting into practice the knowledge acquired during the course. The experience was really useful to start getting into humanitarian logistics and to continue developing my career in the NGO field.
Carlos Perea-Milla. Specialist in Humanitarian Logistics 2021.
Interested in cooperation and having spent years volunteering for different NGOs, I wanted to deepen my technical knowledge of the sector. This course, and my initial experience in the sector, helped me to specialise and get my first humanitarian mission in Iraq. Later in Syria, Occupied Palestinian Territory and now in Lebanon where I have been, for the last year and a half, logistics coordinator managing a volume of 15M€, 4 bases and a logistics team of more than 80 people.
Armando Gamboa - Humanitarian Logistics Course 2017